Whilst perusing Pinterest the other day I came across the word Hygge, pronounced hoo-ga. Without reading the details of the pin I kind of knew what they were getting at, and then it was on the radio today.
This is a little explantion of what I am talking about.
A few reasons I think my family are living a bit of a Hygge life are these;
* as a family we love sitting in the living room by the fire, no TV on (it's in the other room) and just a side light on.
* there may be music on in the background, some of us may be reading or we are just talking.
* Autumn and Winter just cry out for lushious stew pots or deep filled pies to be enjoyed at our tea time table.
* a pot of tea instead of coffee whilst watching a film, as we did last night.
* snuggled up on the sofa with yummy, fluffy socks on.
As somebody said all of these things can be classed as Hygge but they are all so much better if there is a bit of a storm going on outside to make you feel extra cosy. Friends are a big part of Hygge too but we are more than happy to concentrate on the family side of it.
Do you feel Hygge?