Then I moved the compost bin. Just hope Jon doesn't think it needs to be moved again! I ended up taking the contents out of it, moving the bin onto some pieces of wood and levelling it with a few stones - we are not short of those in the garden! I put the contents back and in and gave it a bit of a stir, pushed it down and put the carpet back on top. Should be ok and is in a bit of a sunny position at the side of the Poly House as you can see.
My father in law has kindly finished in the garden with the digger. It would have taken Jon a lot longer having to do it between work and probably would have cost a lot more, too. Here are a few more shots of the garden. I don't think you need a before photo to see there is some difference!
This one kind of shows where we are having our outside space. Behind the tree in the middle of the picture you can just see a row of stones. Well that is the edging to the area we are going to cover in bark, build a fire pit and then Jon has some great wood to make into seating for us. To the left of the conservatory we hope to grass that when some more ground work is done.
I am pleased that getting down to the chooks is not such a death trap as it was getting difficult to see what was underneath all of the overgrown grass.