Header Photo

Header Photo
Aaaah, still loving our life!

Tuesday, 19 April 2016

Decisions, decisions.

The EU referendum campaign in on as we know.
Also there are the local elections coming up in May. I am not massively politically minded but I did think hard before voting in the last General Election.

Image result for local elections wales 2016

I don't know what to do about the local elections yet as I am not familiar with any of the candidates really. I know the kind of parties I would not vote for but still there is some thinking to be done.

Now back to the EU thing. Am I being naive when I say that in general politics have little impact on my life and that of my family? Jon is a big believer in us looking after ourselves and I mainly agree with him. Decisions made by parliament have some impact on us, of course, but I think we do our best to work in a way for our family that means the impact is as little as possible .

We don't have a pension, we receive tax credits but won't when Jon goes self-employed and we decide on a little business, perhaps, and in general we are trying to deal very little with all the usual stuff like the cost of home heating, food prices etc - much like many of you out there in blogland.

I am not asking for you to declare your political leanings but I'm just interested in the way people think and react to issues like this in daily life.

Lou.xx


3 comments:

  1. I have made my choices although I am not really into politics, we are not depending on the government for anything, if we expect nothing and get nothing we wont be disappointed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not deeply into politics, I do vote though, I am still undecided about the EU business x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am an undecided, I just wish I felt we were getting good information from both sides (in and out) as I feel they are all using the politics of fear.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for finding the time to comment. I really appreciate it and will always try to reply.xx